I am excited to announce that there are currently 60 passionate students signed up to go down to the Capitol and advocate for the amazing profession of pharmacy and also all the residents of Texas. I want to give a huge "thank you" to the donors who have supported our mission so far! Please keep sharing our page and spreading the word. We are 25 days out from the event! As a reminder, below are some of the legislative issues we are advocating for.
- “Test & Treat”
- Passing this would give patients who are having strept throat or flu-like symptoms the ability to go to a pharmacy, have a pharmacist perform a simple test, and then allow the pharmacist to furnish an antibiotic or anti-viral medication if needed.
- Furnish non-diagnostic medications.
- Passing this would allow pharmacists to furnish patients with medications like birth control, higher doses of Vit D3, and travel medications. Basically, medications that don’t need a diagnosed disease.
- Vaccination administration authority age 7 or older without a prescription.
- This would allow patients 7 years of age and older to receive ALL vaccines without a prescription. Not just the influenza vaccine.
As pharmacists, our mission is to ensure patients are put first and are able to access healthcare in a time and cost efficient manner.